Super easy and super quick, mega tasty 10 minute coconut noodles.
- Coconut milk
- Fresh Coriander
- Spinach or bok choy. Just a tiny bit, blast in hot water and add to the pestle and mortar. Takes some of the sharp bite out.
In parallel to the below, you need to cook some noodles. Heat the water, throw the noodles in when you add the stuff to the frying pan.
- Throw all ingredients except noodles and coconut milk into a pestle and morter.
- Add some oil (I use olive oil)
- Bash about until a coarse paste
- Throw a glug of oil into a pan, medium heat
- Add bashed up ingredients
- heat until oil is clear and it smells good
- Add the coconut milk.
- Noodles probably done now, drain, throw into pan.
- Put into bowl
- Mniam Mnaim.
Some Blab di bla:
Remember to increase the amount of chilli, the coconut milk will take the punch out if you put in your normal amount. I double the chilli. And back off the lime, I prefer it with half as much lime as Id use without coconut. The sharp biting flavour clashes too much with the coconut otherwise. Adding something like spinach or bok choy works well (about half a handful, ish per person).
The idea with stuff like this is to mix it up a bit and experiment. Try cooking the noodles in the sauce - or cook the noodles in some broth and make noodle soup.
|Throw it in, bash it up|
|until it looks like this|
|Squirt of lime|
|wop it in the pan|
|add the coconut milk|